WELCOME TO THE INTEL X3100 GAMING INFO BLOG

Hello everyone.

I set up this blog since I've come across countless posts from different forums about whether a certain game works on a laptop with an integrated graphics solution such as the Intel X3100.

While this blog will cover the X3100, which I have, you can also find a link to the blog about the GMA950 integrated solution (which is maintained by ElbertZai), and as such will prove that integrated graphics solutions are not to be brushed aside.

Welcome to the unique world of mobile gaming.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

X3100 on Windows 7

A good day to all.

There has been talk about the Intel X3100 gaining an increase in performance in Microsoft's OS follow up to Vista which it calls Windows 7. This is probably due to the fact that the WDDM in Win7 is a much more improved version than the Vista one.

We may need to wait for some time before we can get Win7, although it wouldn't hurt if Microsoft included the improved version in Vista SP2 (wink*wink*nudge*nudge*hint*hint).

Let's hope it just gets better from here.

6 comments:

diegoribeiro said...

Hi there, I just started testing Windows 7 Build 7000 and it is true, at least in Need for Speed Undercover, I had an increase of about 5-10 fps sometimes and the freezing that I had is gone... the new system looks very polished, I'm loving it and I'll test more games soon...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, diegoribeiro! However I think I'll stick to Vista for now until I can test the final release of SP2.

Also, does anyone know if the Games Explorer is still present in Windows 7? Not a hugely important feature for me, but I like it.

diegoribeiro said...

Yes, it is present... As for the Vista, I was just reading some infos that WDDM 1.1 drivers (that are one of the reasons why X3100 is faster on 7) are not coming to Vista SP2, just like DX10 don't go to XP to force people to go to Windows 7... Pretty dirty move from MS... Just wanted to tell you... but, keep giving us info about Vista SP2 performance...

Ah, the Games Explorer is on Windows 7... i'm using it. :)

CyberNetizen said...

I just got the Windows 7 beta as well.

MS is reminding me to install it already before the 30 day period from when they gave me the beta key expires. :D

I haven't gotten around to backing up my laptop yet, but will do so soon.

I'll share what I can learn from this.

Unknown said...

Hi Cybernetizen,
Could you give me some tweaks that i can do it manually?

Cause if you are going to make a tweak util you must have a handful of tweaks on your hand right?
So, could you give me those?

Please, Mail me or reply.
AlexDeimling@Gmail.com

anleoje said...

HI,
how fast is Windows 7 with respect to XP?

Visitors